Arthur Silber offers most appropriate observations for the solemn Memorial Day weekend: Against Annihilation of the Spirit: Let Us All Become Cowards.
The piece also makes reference to Paul Fussell, one of the clearest-eyed observers of the reality of war ever produced on American shores. Fussell died this week: a good strong light gone out.
No excerpts this time: just get over there and read Silber's piece.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- All-Day Permanent Red: The Living Death of Perpetual Emergency - 07 August 2016
- “Close Your Hearts to Pity”: A Security State Critic Embraces Total War - 18 July 2016
- Now THIS is how you speak truth to power! - 07 July 2016
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008