Arthur Silber offers most appropriate observations for the solemn Memorial Day weekend: Against Annihilation of the Spirit: Let Us All Become Cowards.
The piece also makes reference to Paul Fussell, one of the clearest-eyed observers of the reality of war ever produced on American shores. Fussell died this week: a good strong light gone out.
No excerpts this time: just get over there and read Silber's piece.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- A Picture of American Policy: Waking From the Fever Dream - 30 April 2016
- Something for the Server: Keeping the Burlesque Kicking - 26 April 2016
- Stress Test: Childhood as a Raw Material for Investor Exploitation - 18 April 2016
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008