Arthur Silber offers most appropriate observations for the solemn Memorial Day weekend: Against Annihilation of the Spirit: Let Us All Become Cowards.
The piece also makes reference to Paul Fussell, one of the clearest-eyed observers of the reality of war ever produced on American shores. Fussell died this week: a good strong light gone out.
No excerpts this time: just get over there and read Silber's piece.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- Anti-Social Media: Wealthy NY Wankers Bash the Poor - 27 August 2015
- Panic Attackers: Grass-Roots Challenge Sparks High-Level Hissy Fit - 19 August 2015
- Permanent Post-Bellum Blues: How the Old Whip Keeps Cracking - 13 August 2015
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008