Worrying news this week from the Middle East, as Jason Ditz reports:
Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki today blasted calls for Sunnis to consider a secessionist movement in the nationâ€™s west, insisting that any effort to form an autonomous region or to secede outright would lead to bloodshed. â€śIf it happens, people will fight each other and blood will reach to the knee,â€ť insisted Maliki.
Wait a minute! Is this a national leader using extreme rhetoric to threaten condign punishment against those who rebel against his government? Isnâ€™t that what Moamar Gadafy was accused of doing? Wasnâ€™t this indeed the whole casus belli of Westâ€™s war on Libya?
Then we must immediately intervene militarily to save the innocent civilians of western Iraq from this threatened bloodbath! Weâ€™d better send troops into Iraq right away to stop this raging heinous monster!
For as every heart-sworn humanitarian interventionist knows, the presence of death-dealing Western military power is the best guarantee of a peaceful, stable, happy regime -- especially in those benighted countries where the grubby little darkies can't be trusted to sort out their own affairs.
Forward to Baghdad!
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- Helping a Voice of Truth Through a Season in Hell - 27 May 2015
- Remembering a Veteran Lost in the Madness of War - 25 May 2015
- Murderâ€™s Loophole: US Cluster Bombs Rain Mass Death on Yemen - 03 May 2015
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008