*A prize of 150 imaginary dollars (and aren't they all pretty much imaginary these days?) to the first reader who spots the obscure Gore Vidal reference.*
Arthur Silber waxes eloquently wroth in A Country Ready to Follow Orders – Even Into Hell. [And give him some support, for God's sake! Don't let this national treasure slip from our grasp.]
Alexander Cockburn has more on the authoritarian draconia that is stifling dissent – and ordinary human decency – in the United States: The Ordeal of Catherine Wilkerson, M.D.
Dog Bites Man News Dept: Bush Sets Plan for Permanent Occupation of Iraq. (But then, we knew that years ago, didn't we?)
Annals of Liberation: "Wave of Violence Against Women in U.S.-Occupied Iraq."
Gary Leupp on "The Bad Karma of Imperialism."
Dahr Jamail on how the Pentagon catapults the propaganda and covers up civilian deaths in Iraq, with this quote from Voltaire: "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
Trent Lott Not in Gay Sex Shock.
Jonathan Schwarz is seething with resentment.
Cry, the Unloved Country: The world looks away from the aftermath of Bush's third "regime change" war – Somalia. (For more, see here and here.)
Muzzled Pakistani Talat Hussain reveals how Musharraf – a devotee of democracy, according to George W. Bush – is airbrushing the brutal truth of his tyranny.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- The Unplucked Eye: Sinister Machinations Behind Kentucky’s Manufactured Martyr - 04 September 2015
- The Gruesome Gray Line: No Mystery in Hiring of West Point Wacko - 02 September 2015
- Prouding America Great Again: The Politics of Fear - 31 August 2015
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008