Vatican to Check U.S. Seminaries on Gay Presence (NYT)
Excerpt: "Investigators appointed by the Vatican have been instructed to review each of the 229 Roman Catholic seminaries in the United States for "evidence of homosexuality" and for faculty members who dissent from church teaching...The Vatican document surfaces as Catholics await a Vatican ruling on whether homosexuals should be barred from the priesthood.
"In a possible indication of the ruling's contents, the American archbishop who is supervising the seminary review said last week that "anyone who has engaged in homosexual activity or has strong homosexual inclinations," should not be admitted to a seminary. Edwin O'Brien, archbishop for the United States military, told The National Catholic Register that the restriction should apply even to those who have not been sexually active for a decade or more...."
-- Well, what did you expect? Before his elevation to poposity, Josef Ratzinger was head of the Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith -- which is the glossy modern name given to the outfit once known as The Inquisition. He's now bringing that organization's ethos to the whole Vatican enterprise. The Lord wants nothing but virile, musky, manly men to wear the skirts of His priesthood!.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- Love and Desire: The Truest Resistance to Terror and Power - 13 June 2016
- Death Row Blues: Two Hours' Time - 11 June 2016
- Tangled Up in Trump - 05 June 2016
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008
- Written by Chris Floyd
- Published: 15 September 2005